A comeback of sorts with this “currently” post. I have been away (read: not writing for some time) and I need to get back into the groove.
So, currently –
- Enjoying: Newly married life with this handsome husband of mine. As of today we have been married for nearly 7 weeks and things are great. Saurav is amazing and he makes me want to be a better person. I used to be an escapist who would sprint in the reverse direction of confrontation. Baby steps, but I am learning to stand my ground in uncomfortable situations and beginning to talk about things. There’s still a long way to go, but there’s been some progress which makes me happy.
- Listening: To the Historium podcast on Podcast Addict app like an addict. History has been an area of interest since my first textbook on the subject back in sixth grade. This love has endured the test of times. I am discovering the joys of podcasts while commuting and I am probably subscribed to every history related series.
- Reading: A lot of blogs, articles (basically anything that I can lay my eyes on) on personal finance, self-development and motivation. Personal development/self-help books need a lot of concentration and willpower. I am working on getting through them one thin book at a time.
- Making: Shopping lists in my mind. Sale season just begun in India. While I have enough ethnic wear/occasion wear to last a lifetime from the wedding, I am running low on well fitted pairs of denim. I need to buy more like yesterday. But is it just me or trying on denims is one of the most tiring things? I get bored after trying 3 and convince myself that it’s just a bad day for buying new denims. It just has to be the perfect fit, colour, just the right amount of distressed and should fit into the budget. Dream feels!
- Setting goals: I want to get into the habit of cooking more often. It’s not my forte but I would like to keep exploring it (partly because I love eating). I am setting myself a goal of cooking a couple of new things every weekend.
- Wearing: Alternating between the perfumes/body mists Nude from Skinn by Titan and Pure Seduction by Victoria’s secret. Amazing! No other word.
- Want to start: Working out regularly. Since this is a phase where I am feeling enthused, it’s the right time to hit the nail on the head. I am starting tomorrow. I’ve never given a full blown workout a try. I’ve always felt I need a little bit of motivation (and discipline) in this chart of my life. I’ve read so much about starting with 20 minutes every day, just keeping at it for 21 days and viola – you have a healthy habit. Gosh, it would be amazing to be able to wear anything without worrying. The reason to put this out here on the blog is that it will be just that much more added motivation to report back with progress in a few months.